The two amazing dogs, Great Dane Mastiff Mix, a famous and known as Daniff, is a significant and strong breed inherited from a purebred Great Dane and a Mastiff. This hybrid breed is popular due to its bulk and impressive shape, gentle nature, and affectionate personality.
So let’s know the unique characteristics of the Great Dane Mastiff Mix, their requirements, care, and how to train them effectively.
- Great Dane Mastiff originated in the United States within the past few decades, it’s known as Daniff.
- Daniffis is not recognized by the AKC(American Kennel Club).
- The Great Dane originated in Germany and was used for hunting wild boar and as a guard dog.
- And the Mastiff has a long history with ancient civilizations such as Greece, Rome, and Egypt. Mastiffs were used as guard dogs, war dogs, and even gladiators in ancient Rome.
|Color||Apricot, Brindle, and Fawn|
|Weight||120 – 230 Pounds|
|Height||27 – 30 Inches|
|Life Span||6 – 10 years|
|Cost||$900 – $1400|
|Popularity Ranking||As per AKC, 37th Rank|
|Breed Name||Great Dane|
|Color||Black, Blue, Brindle, Fawn, and White|
|Weight||110 – 175 Pounds|
|Height||28 – 32 Inches|
|Life Span||7 – 10 years|
|Cost||$900 – $1400|
|Popularity Ranking||As per AKC, 19th Rank|
Characteristics of the Great Dane Mastiff Mix
|Weight||100 – 200 Pounds|
|Height||27 – 32 Inches|
|Color||Black, Fawn, Brindle, and Blue|
- The Great Dane Mastiff is a large breed are generally weighs between 100 to 200 pounds, height is up to 32 inches.
- These Breeds have a muscular build, a broad chest, and a deep muzzle.
- This breed requires minimal grooming since it has a short and thick coat.
- Daniff can have a variety of colors, such as black, fawn, brindle, and blue.
- This breed is gentle, affectionate in nature, and well-suitable for family also they are known for being loyal and protective of their owners, and By looking wise these breeds are aggressive but actually, they are not aggressive.
Care Requirements for the Great Dane Mastiff
- Even Though this hybrid breed is a muscular and healthy dog, We have to give them proper care and attention to ensure they are healthy and happy.
- Regular exercise to maintain their physical and mental health. Daily walks and playtime in a secure, fenced area are recommended to prevent them from becoming bored or destructive.
- Great Dane Mastiff breeds do not shed more but still need regular grooming to maintain a healthy coat.
- It’s good to brush their coat weekly and bathe regularly. Additionally, they require regular dental care, including brushing their teeth and providing them with dental chews and toys.
- Training Daniff might feel difficult because of their bulk personality, so it requires patience and consistency.
- This breed can be stubborn sometimes, so using positive reinforcement techniques such as praise, treats, and toys is recommended.
- And also important to socialize with them from a young age so they can easily be comfortable with family and others pets as well.
- Additionally, teaching them basic obedience commands such as sit, stay, and come along with crate training is recommended to avoid destructive behavior when left alone and Keep them occupied with plenty of toys and chews.
Common Health Issues
Like all breeds, the Great Dane Mastiff is prone to certain health issues. These include hip and elbow dysplasia, bloat, and heart conditions. Regular visits to the vet and proper care can help prevent or manage these conditions. Check here for affordable price vaccinations and Free telehealth check-ups
Where To Find Breeders
It’s somewhat difficult to find since it’s a crossbreed. If you’re interested in adopting you can check out resources like:
And stay away from online pet scams.
Are Great Dane Mastiff Mixes good family pets?
Yes, Great Dane Mastiff are known for their gentle and affectionate nature and are great pets for families.
How big do Great Dane Mastiff Mixes get?
This can weigh anywhere between 100 to 200 pounds
How much exercise do Great Dane Mastiff Mixes need?
Require regular exercise, including daily walks and playtime in a secure, fenced area.
Are Great Dane Mastiff Mixes easy to train?
These are stubborn sometimes, but with patience and consistency using positive reinforcement techniques, they can be effectively trained.
What are the common health issues in Great Dane Mastiff Mixes?
Great Dane Mastiff are prone to hip and elbow dysplasia, bloat, and heart conditions.
What is the lifespan of a Great Dane mastiff mix?
This can vary depending upon lifestyle and the quality of breed but generally, the life span is between 7 – 10 years
What Is The Temperament Of a Daniff?
The Temperament of a Daniff is vary on individual genetics, socialization, and training, however, these breeds are well-known for their loyalty and protectiveness. Always enjoy spending time with their human companions.
Are Great Dane mastiffs aggressive?
Like other breed dogs, daniff may have the potential to show its aggressiveness. but generally, this is not characteristic of these breeds, and more over these breeds are popular for their gentleness and loyalty.
Do Daniffs get along with other dogs?
Generally, both Great Danes and Mastiffs are known for being calm and gentle dogs, and Daniffs may inherit these traits as well. They can be friendly and sociable with other dogs when properly socialized from a young age.
How much does a Great Dane mastiff mix cost?
The cost may vary depending on the breeder, the dog’s age, and its pedigree. So on average $700 – $1000
The Great Dane Mastiff is a wonderful breed that is known for its gentle nature, affectionate personality, and impressive size. These breeds need proper care and attention, including regular exercise, grooming, and dental care.
Training them requires patience and consistency, but with positive reinforcement techniques, they can be effectively trained. And If you are planning for a loyal and protective family dog, then Great Dane Mastiff Mix may be good for you.